Saturday, February 2, 2013

Todays session was the first day the doc said I should start stressing the upper body again.  I'd say I stressed it a little bit today.  I've only done bar muscle ups about 6 times in my 6+ years of doing crossfit.  By the time I compete at my next major event, I MUST be able to break the mental barrier of doing them under fatigue.  Shoulder seems to have held up today.  Josh & Tammy also joined me today on the PM session.  Fun times, onward!

AM
A. Bench press; 10, 8, 6, 4, 2; rest 2 min 

3 rounds for time: 
10 bar muscle ups 
30 hand release push ups

PM
For time:
20 squat clean 225#
15 parallete hspu
10 squat clean 245#
5 parallete hspu

-

AM:
A: 175/185/195/205/245 - easy 

Time: 11:54 - First round of BMU's were unbroken.  Second round, all singles.  Mental block 50% shoulder, 50% fatigue.  3rd round I did a 3/2/singles set.  Starting to figure it out.

PM:

Time: 13:04 - Pushed cleans at about 90% with no TNG.  HSPU on parallettes were rusty but got through them.   A little slow on HSPU but happy with the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment