Saturday, February 16, 2013

OPT Big Dawg Competition 2013: Day 2

Day 2 (comprised of 1 test):

Test 4: 90 Minute AMRAP

AMRAP in 90 Minutes:
1300m Row
200m Farmer Carry @ 2pd/hand for men, 1.5pd/hand for women
15 Wall Walks
42 Double Unders

The score in this test is worth 25% of your overall score
*Wall Walk Standards: chest must touch the ground and the wall on each rep.

Total:  7 rounds + 1300m: Rowed an extra 141 meters to finish off the 90m clock. I wanted nothing to do with the farmers walk again.

Notes:
Test 1 was interesting. Big penalty for failure if you shoot high and can't complete it or have difficulty maintaining form. This WOD was all about knowing your capabilities and going with it.

Test 2: The difference between all out 40s and say a tabata interval is noticeable. I think another round or two would have resulted in some critical dropoffs for many at a balls out pace.

Test 3: Fast, surprisingly the deadlifts started to catch up with me on rounds 5-7.

Test 4: Blisters on hands and bruised knees. This one was brutal and can't say I want anything to do with it ever again. "Why did it have to be wall walks" in my best Indiana Jones voice. Finishing round 4 just after the half way point gave me hope that I could finish the row if I can hold it together. Interesting enough, the DU's and wall walk uncomfortable pace improved the last 3 rounds. I am SMOKED!

No comments:

Post a Comment