Wednesday, May 15, 2013

For Time (Crossfit Regionals 2013 workout #6):
100 DU - 1 min
50 HSPU - 6 min
40 T2B - 2 min
30 Jerks 160# w/Axle - 6 min
90ft Front Rack Walking Lunge w/Axle- 4 min

Time: 19:07 (I was 4 ft into the lunges at the 15 minute regionals time cap)  

HSPU's I started out doing 5's and hindsight I should have blasted out a big set to kick off the party.  May have been able to knock off a minute or so on them.  2 questionable reps on the HSPU's.  Cleaning the 
fat bar wasn't a problem at all, it was jerking it.  I managed lunges in sets of 5.  I was tired at that point.  The goal was not to sprint to the 15m cutoff time but to pace the entire workout for a strong finish knowing I had to complete the WOD.  I had to walk 20 meters between stations but the times reflect approx completion times during the transition.

rest as needed - 10-15 minutes

+

EMOM x 20
Odd - 5 Thrusters 115#
Even - 8 Pull Ups

Done: Slight strain in mid back ribcage.  Not uncommon, threw on belt on last several rounds of thrusters just to tighten things up and work the velcro between sets for practice. 

EMOM x 20
Odd - 8 KBS 70#
Even - 5 Burpee Box Jumps 24"

Done: Used belt again and loosened on BJ's.  Jumped on and over the box sideways for each rep.  Focussed on upright torso as rounds went on. 

This was quite a bit of work for a single workout.  The EMOM wasn't real taxing even after the first workout. It was just a long session.  You trying to kill me Marcus.  :)  Shoulder wasn't doing so well going into this.  Iced it right up to my warmup and post workout.

2013 RegWorkoutsGraphic Ind v2 0

No comments:

Post a Comment