Saturday, July 13, 2013

AM.
12min Clock - build to a 1RM in Strict Press and Weighted Chin up
(for chin up you can only use 45, 35, 25lb plates, press you can use any plates you want)

Press: 175# - Put on 180# and was worried about shoulder.  Still a sore from shot and was mentally afraid of snapping something with no dip/drive here.  My strict press hasn't grown much over the past few years.  

WChinUp: 115# from full hang.  This has improved over time and actually felt good today.  I think I could have gotten 120# today but wasn't going to redline shoulder today.

rest 5min exactly

30 Clean and Jerks for Time @ 185#

Time: 7:56 - I have no benchmark on this but this won't cut it.  Contemplated hitting it hard out of the gate and hanging on but decided to keep a steady pace to see how shoulder responded. 

+1:10 hour rest.  Low energy leading into the noon WOD.  Ate some sweet potatoes and 2:1 shake.  Felt better half way through the run on the noon WOD.

Noon (in heat): 90+ degree's in sun
Run 1 Mile
50 KBS 53lbs - UB
40 HR Push Ups
30 KBS 70lbs - Broke these up strategically.  Started to feel triceps on this set.
20 HR Push Ups
10 KBS 88lbs - Used 90# KB: UB

Time: 14:54 - Run was around 7m & hilly.  Started KB at 7:15.  I had energy issues after WOD one, wasn't sure if it was the breakfast or what.  I've got to cut eggs out of my morning workout routine.  They don't set with me well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment