Sunday, April 7, 2013

Crossfit Open Week 4-5 Recap

The open is complete and has been the biggest fight of my life.  I'm still waiting for the final results but the standings are looking positive.

13.4: C&J/T2B: 100 reps on this WOD.  The C&J got uncomfortable and I cut down on my TnG early on.  I did this WOD a few times but do not recall my initial score.  The thing that held me back here were the T2B.  When they go south, they go quick.  Something I have to fix in the future and work with for the time being.  

13.5: Thrusters/C2B: 141 reps - I was sitting 21st place going into 13.5.  My first run on Thursday was balls out from the get go with no pace and I nearly put myself in a coma for 135 reps.  Took a few days to even consider re-considering a redo.  By Sunday, I knew I had to give it another go or all would have been lost had I missed the cutoff.  A well thought out repeat resulted in a 141 which moved me up to 16th place.  Had I not repeated, I would have ended up in 22nd place, missing the games by 2 spots of the 7800 people. 

This Crossfit Open has been the most difficult Crossfit challenge of my life.   Through perseverance, it is now one of the most memorable Crossfit moments of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment